Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report generation using MC and sequrity monitor

Hello,

I have installed CiscoWorks/VMS/IDS MC, for report generation purpose.

I can generate reports from management center and security monitor.

But my problem is, when I generate reports from MC or security monitor it’s not showing the required information.

When I select all signatures and high, medium and low alerts of last one month for report generation it should show some meaning full report, but the output I am getting is almost nothing, there is no valuable information about alerts, its just showing counts of alerts, that’s all.

Is this right? What is the correct method for report generation? Is there setting in VMS for that? What are the things generally I get in report? Do I need some configuration on sensor for this?

I have installed sensor correctly and added it to MC.

And another problem is I want to dump the entire alert log from sensors disk to my management server, I can do that using ftp option available in MC. All the concerted things like username and password etc for FTP are proper, there is no problem in that…but still I am not getting dump of alerts from sensor.

OR what are the required settings on sensor and MC for getting proper report and dump of log?

Kapish

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

The following document discusses on how to set up repoting using security monitor,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3991/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008018d92c.html