cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shunning Problems

s.hlungwani
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a problem with shunning on netranger director,when i shun the host on the sensor the sensor does not attempt to send information do the router,and the sensor it's got the right configuration under the device management options and i can telnet to the router manually.please help!!!!,also when i snoop traffic between the sensor and the router the is no communication unless if i telnet manually.

3 Replies 3

jlively
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the sensor shun properly when it detects an alarm?? If not, do you have managed enabled? If so, try a shun from the command line on the director (nrexec 10003 1 30 ShunHost x.x.x.x

i tried a couple of things and at last i had to do nrhup on the sensor and it started working,but i did try to do this before but it didn't work.i'm still trying to find out what was the problem.thanks for the advice i will keep you updated if i found anything......

I have seen instances in the past, when you make changes on the Director and PUSH it to IDS, the services do not start properly, you have to go onto IDS and stop and re-start all the services manually (as you did).

R/Yusuf