Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP Thru FWSM

ramesh.krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 6500 Series Cisco Switch having the supervisor engine running IOS 12.1. The Switch also has a FWSM Module running OS version 1.1(3).The Fwsm has 4 interfaces named outside(sec0),inside(sec100),Mgnt(Sec90),DMZ1(sec80). I have around 200 routers connected to the outside network. I have the tftp server on Mgnt Interface. I use access-list on all interfaces. I wasnt able to do any tftp sessions to the TFTP server.Even after allowing all traffic to traverse the firewall im not able to write to the tftp. while analysing the FWSM logs i find that the packets comes till the outside interface, but never reaches the tftp server.

Could anyone help me out on this. Any suggestion/help would be very much helpful to me.

thanks in advance.

rk

1 Reply 1

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

Your description of the issue sounds very similar to a known issue in the 1.1(3) release of FWSM code - CSCec49782 - FWSM - New TFTP Connections failing after a period of time. We have resolved this issue with an interim release of the 1.1(3) code. At this point, I would suggest opening a TAC case so the experts can verify if this is indeed the problem you are running into (requires looking at some somewhat cryptic show commands). They can also provide the fix or suggest a work-around.

Hope this helps.

Scott