Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add switches to CAM via SNMP

o.priest
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all,

I am now starting some POC work and was progressing well until I came to adding some 4510 switches to the CAM to control OOB devices.

I have full IP connectivity between the switch management VLAN interface (the switch is running in layer 2 only) and the CAM eth0 interface over the network with no firewalls in the way.

I have tried configuring both SNMP versions on the CAM and I have captured the SNMP communication between the switch and the CAM which is being received by the switch and is being responded to. So I have proved that SNMP packets are reaching the various devices. There is no routing or switching issues.

Would someone please mind giving me a hand and tell me why the CAM cannot control the switch. When you try to add the switch it comes up with a message like "unable to control 10.108.2.15" This is the management VLAN2 on the test switch. I have used test communities public and private respectively on the CAM to match the switch.

SNMP switch config snippet below. The CAM is at 10.108.100.10.

snmp-server engineID local 800000090300001D4572F86E
snmp-server community public RO 10
snmp-server community private RW 10
snmp-server trap-source Vlan2
snmp-server enable traps snmp linkdown
snmp-server enable traps mac-notification change move threshold
snmp-server host 10.108.100.10 version 2c private
snmp-server host 10.108.100.10 version 2c public

access-list 10 permit 10.108.100.10   (This is the CAM referenced in ACL 10 so the poll will work)

Thanks kindly,

Oliver

15 Replies 15

Hi people. Hi Faisal.

I´d like to great for the attention. Following the tips, i updated the NAC Manager (AV List, OIDs, etc.) and got to add the 2960 switch.

The problem was really the old MIBs. I was surprised because, previously, i installed 4.8 release (July 2010) and didn´t get to add switch too. I thought that release was complete.

Thaks a lot people!!!

Rodrigo Antunes