Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CSA from version 4.0.3 716 to 4.0.3 723

efink
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody !

Does anybody have any idea what would be the most appropriate way for upgrade. My concerns are about this two ways:

1. Upgrade through CSA MC: you push upgrade to some group and instalation can be silent. That's OK. But after instalation has completed, automatic shutdown after 2 minuts occurs. My problem is that end users don't know about CSA and there is no way that I can give them the right information. Ok, not with CSA MC.

2. Pushing upgrade with SMS: in this case you must allow shutdown of CSA service which can be at least problematic.

Any other suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

pcomeaux
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey -

Are you running these groups in No User Interaction Mode?

I recently upgraded a couple hundred agents from 4.0.2.629 to 4.0.3.728 using the CSA MC.

For students, they received a forced update which they were told that an update had completed and their machines would reboot in 2 minutes.

For faculty, they received an optional update, which gave them they option to install the agent at their convenience.

Both of these groups are running in User Interactive Mode.

Please let me know more about your mode you are running in.

thanks

peter

Hello, Peter.

We're talking about one group and it's in user interactive mode. I would like to use forced update, but the problem is that there's no way to inform end users on the machines. Most of them don't understand the message that they receive and I shuold just hope that they close their documents properly in 2 minutes.

Hi Emil,

I created a web page with screen shots of what to expect (attached) and sent the link via email the day before approving the update. It worked for all but one user out of 450.