cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User changable password

fanny.chow
Level 1
Level 1

I have two WIN2000 ACS (Release 3.0(1) Build 40) servers, let say serverA and serverB.

I have installed the User Changable Password utility on serverA and set up replication from serverA to serverB for "User and group database"

If the server administrator http:2002 into serverA to make changes (changing group setting, changing user passwords ...etc), those changes do get replicated onto serverB.

However, if users change their passwords using the User Changable Password utility, serverA gets the changes but fail to replicate onto serverB.

Any idea?

3 Replies 3

Nairi Adamian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you might be running into a bug -

CSCdx15267 "Password change dynamically by the user doesnt cause DB replication". For more information look up the bug using the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl

You can open a TAC case to receive a patch to fix this issue.

- Nairi

I meet the same problem, and hence do not use UCP with 3.0.1(4) version. But, the situation seems a bit different than this bug. The bug says:

*************************************************************************************

Password change dynamically by the user doesnt cause DB replication

Database replication doesn't detect a password that has been changed by

the user because Password aging rules --> Apply password change rule was configured in ACS.

Workaround is to do any change in the user/group database so that the database replication takes place.

*************************************************************************************

Well, I don't want "the action of a user's changing her password" to trigger replication. I only want these password changes take effect by the normal replication process on the secondary ACS. But, it fails...

Plus, do you understand what the workaround is about? :-)

Plus, it says:

First Found-in Version 3.0(2.1)

First Fixed-in Version 3.0(2.5)