Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

We currently have a cisco 6509 with a IDS blade being managed by the CiscoSecure Policy Manager. I have three related questions. If I wantto enable the blocking function identified in the CSPM, ie: be able toautomatically block certain types of ale...

mpruden by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Assuming a multi-homed IOS running CBAC and different NAT translation per each ISP.I would like to set different QoS per ISP.how do I do that ?What are the relationships between QoS and ACL ? QoS and NAT ? or in other words what is the order of...

esadot by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ACL for nwebies.

I, unfortunately, don't have the luxury of training myself in Cisco, nor of reading anything in-depth. While the IOS manual clearly states how to create and apply ACLs, I need some help on where to apply them, and how not to cut my entire building of...

angwe23 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to manually uninstall 3.6.1 since everytime I reboot this Windows 2000 system, it tries to install it. I have it now so that I have shut down the installer, but that is only part of it. Does anyone know how to stop this? ThanksDwane

dpatkins by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have been trying to do LAN-to-LAN VPN connectivity using PIX and nortel contivity. I have created tunnel (3des,MD5) in the PIX 515E and its started working. Now I am able to ping the inside netwok of the remote VPN box (contivity). If I do ping...

I am new to IT so bear with me. I need to know what hardware is needed to use DSL at my remote maintenance stations. I will be using Cisco 3000 VPN.I don't want the user to be able to browse outside of VPN. Browsing is restricted when using VPN(ad...

sfraiser by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm using PIX 515E.Is there a way to point the PIX to a DNS server for name resolution. I understand that I can username/names commands to create a local name resolution table, but I'm hoping to use DNS. I'm hoping to use a host name rather than an...

We recently scanned our segment and found out that router is responding to some ports which are unknown to me. One of them was port 79 , which is finger port. So I can stop the finger service to block the port. There were some other ports for which I...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Top Solution Authors