cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using 4.8.02.0010 on Vista Business Results

DMBJunky1015
Level 1
Level 1

I just tried to install the VPN on my freshly reformatted laptop using Vista 32 Business Edition.

I ran the setup.exe as an administrator and firewall turned off.

It starts to unpack and gets to 100% complete, but then it throws 3 errors.

1) "Setup failed to properly install Cisco Systems service software".

2) Repeats the same error as above for the second time.

3) "Error loading c:\windows\system32\csgina.dll, the specified module could not be found"

It then asks you to re-start.

Once you launch the program it will load the vpn window. When you click on "Connect" you get the following error.

"Secure VPN Connection terminated by Client.

Reason 440: Drive Failure

Connection terminated on Feb 3, 2007 15:27-50"

Next I un-installed the client and restared my system. Next, I ran the setup.exe again, this time in XP SP2 compatibility mode.

The installation went smooth, not one error. When I went restarted the computer it was a little slow to reboot, however it did.

Once the computer re-started I launched the client sucessfully. I clicked on "connect" and filled in my user info and clicked "ok". Next, it told me that a driver was not compatible yet.

Driver: TruVector Device Driver

Publisher: Zone Labs Inc.

"TrueVector Device Driver has one or more drivers with known incompatibilities with this version of Windows. Please contact your software vendors Zone Labs, to obtain a compatible version of the drivers prior to installing this software."

At this point I am stuck. I opened up the program/cisco folder and changed every .exe to run in compatibility mode, with the same results.

Has anyone else had simular results or better yet got it to work?

2 Replies 2

mlew
Level 1
Level 1

I had the problem with the InstallShield version, the VPN4.8.02-MSI version works fine..

You were right, the InstallShiled version was what I tried the first time, I just tried the MSI and it worked perfect. Thank you!