cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Verisign VIP SA520

wayne
Level 1
Level 1

I was very excited to read about the two factor authentication that Cisco and Verisign offer through the VIP and SA500 series routers.  I purchased an SA540 a month and a half ago.  I have been on the phone with support of both Cisco and Verisign ever since.  It appears no one actually knows how to make the product work.  Finally I was told that they have only tested it on an SA520.  So I bought an SA520; however, it doesn't work either.  Is there anyone who uses the Verisign VIP two factor authentication with either an SA520 or SA540?  If so, what is the trick?  If not, how is Cisco advertising this product if it doesn't actually work?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Hey Wayne,

I know its been a while but just curious,have you had a chance to get this working?I'm trying to do the same on SA520 and no Luck at all.Funny that the Cisco Support for Small Business coudnt get that working either.According to them it coudnt be due to we are using Symantec VIP Trial.Could also anyone else please shed some light on this??

Very on Cisco Support on this

Thanks

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

Cisco had to make an update to the firmware.  Once we put the new firmware on (which I guess was beta), it worked fine.  However, once we got the $5,000 price for the feature we did not go forward with it.

Thanks Wayne,Same thing with the beta it works fine but im not sure about any additional charges im assuming they'll be realeasing a working version very soon

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath