cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

version 6.04 - Configure a Rule to Send an Alert Action -

resendg
Level 1
Level 1

I was following the user guide for Cisco Security MARS Local and Global Controllers, Release 6.x, starting on page 158.

I was able to complete

Step 1 "Click the RULES tab to navigate to the Inspection Rules page.

But there isn't a Action dialog box as the instructions show on page 159.

So, I'm not able to get pass Step 2

Step 2 Indentify the Rule to configure, and click the value displayed in the action field.

Has any one else run into this issue with 6.04?

3 Replies 3

dustinsuko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, The attached picture shows a Rule named PORT SECURITY VIOLATION. The action field for this rule is labeled "port security violation." You can see this label just to the right of where it says "action" and just below the rule name displayed in BOLD type font. I'm assuming you havent modified any rules to send an alert action so in this case you will literally see the word "none" just to the right of "action." Step 2 says "Identify the Rule to configure, and click the value displayed in the Action field." You need to click the word "none." Hope this helps, Dustin Suko

dustinsuko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Attached you will find a rule called PORT SECURITY VIOLATION. The action for this rule is called “port security violation,” you will see this action name just to the right of where is says “action” and just below the rule name itself. Step 2 is sking you to click  the value displayed in the action filed…I would click the value displayed as “port security violation” just to the right of the word “action.” I’m assuming you havent modified any rules to send an alert action. If this is the case you will literally see the word “none.” The “action dialog box” will load after you click “non” or in my case “port security violation.”

Hope this helps

Dustin Suko

Thanks!