cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which exam do I need to pass to get my CCNP Security certification?

Hello Colleagues:

I need to know which exam I need to pass to get my CCNP Security Certification. I’m aware that the exams have changed, but I remember that the old exams count towards to certification. So far I have taken and passed the following exams:

(642-618) Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Features (FIREWALL) - Feb 4, 2013

(642-648) Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions (VPN) - Jul 22, 2013

(640-554) Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) - Aug 7, 2013

(642-637) Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE) - Apr 4, 2014

I’m pretty sure that I only need to pass just one exam to get the certification. I tried to use the migration tool (link below), but It doesn’t seems to be working.

http://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/training-events/learning-plan-tool/ccnp-security-certification.html

Is there any other tool that would allow me to know which exam I have to take to get de certification?.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards

Martin

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You're right about the migration tool - it seems to be broken right now. I checked it from three different browsers,

The definitive source for your personal certification status can be checked at cisco.pearsoncred.com. It will check prerequisites and expiration status in addition to the exam numbers.

That aside, three of the four exams you listed should still be good towards your CCNP security. those would be the 642 series.

The one new exam that you would need to take is 300-207 SITCS.

If you pass that prior to your old exams expiring AND you hold both the CCNA R&S and CCNA Security certifications, you will then be granted CCNP Security certification.