Views
Helpful
Replies

140AC - Error in setting system name

WavingSpider
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Cisco Business 140AC Access Point but it's not working for some reason as I can't complete the initial configuration steps via ciscobusiness.cisco.

To setup the Access Point I connect to it via Wi-Fi on my laptop and I'm able to browse to ciscobusiness.cisco Web GUI that resolves to IP Address of 192.168.1.1. It's also connected to my network switch with active internet connection.

Once I get to the Configuration Web GUI I fill everything out like administrator username and password, Wireless details etc. Then when I get to the final page of the configuration wizard, I click on Apply button which then will display "Saving Configuration" loading dotted circle for a few seconds after which I will get redirected to the first page of the configuration wizard with one of the following messages:

1) Error in creating user entry
2) Error in setting system name

It's usually the second error I get the most. Also, at this time the whole interface GUI breaks, for example instead of "Show Password" tickbox it will display {{'common_show_password' | translate}} in its place or another component of the interface like {{'common_day0_apcred_message' | translate}}.

I have thoroughly checked the documentation and followed everything correctly in regards to special character limitations in passwords, usernames and so on. I'm not sure why this is happening but as I can't get past the wizard configuration, I'm unable to upgrade firmware on this access point. I have the latest firmware file saved locally on my laptop as I was planning to do the upgrade after I setup the Access Point.

I have tried to find a solution to this problem online but there wasn't much that I could find and I can't create a TAC Ticket as I'm a individual and not a business. Any idea what I can do here with this issue ?

0 Replies 0