cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web GUI not logging tnto the rv340

raymondnichols
Level 1
Level 1

This morning I went to log into my rv340 and the login screen just has a circle spinning and sits there.  I have hard reset the router numerous times and the logon screen still won't allow access, just sits there.  The only things connected to it now are a laptop.  It pings to 192.168.1.1 so I know it's not a connection issue but the default login info does not work either.  This happened a few weeks ago and it just took a restart to correct it.  I've read that the Console connection is disabled on this router so putty is out.  Any Ideas? The router is only 18 months old.

15 Replies 15

Hi

Dont follow you when you say that console port is disable. Why?  This port must work, unless you have another problem in the router.

raymondnichols
Level 1
Level 1

According to Cisco the console port is disabled on the RV340.  Several posts by others with the same issue have complained about it and are experiencing the same issue with the locked GUI and not being able to access the router in another way.

indianabob
Level 1
Level 1

I have just discovered this same problem in three of our sites.  Rebooting does not allow login.  I placed a backup RV340 into service at one location last night.  Then did a factory reset on the one we could not log into.  Was still unable to login,  just the twirling circle.  The reset worked as it was now giving out the default dhcp and was at the default ip. 

Any suggestions would be helpful.  

Orville75
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same problem.  I have 7 of them in use.  I was able to login to all 7 of them back in April and May of this year (2022) to apply my Cisco licensing.  Now I need to make a small change and update firmware.  I was able to login to 2 out of the 7 and update the firmware and make the small change I need, but the remaining 5 I cannot login to.  I power cycled one of the remaining 5 and still could not login to it, and eventually reset it (twice) and the same deal, l cannot login to it.  So now it looks like I have some nice paper weights.

I am not sure how Cisco fixes this problem.  I say that because if they cannot be logged into after a reset, then I don't see how a fix can be applied to them as there is no way to get into them.  So now I am looking at replacing all 7 of my units and discarding them, they have no use to me now.  And I am probably done buying Cisco products.  Previous Cisco routers I have worked with (Cisco RV042) ran perfect for our needs.  But two years ago I needed to replace them due to upgrading to voice over IP, so the logical choice was to go back to Cisco and replaced them all with the RV340, which have worked great until now.

I too don't understand why Cisco is dumping on their business customers.  Replaced a RV-042G with the RV340 as suggested by Cisco and 18 months later the RV340 won't accept the default password/user after a default reset and the controller port is disabled and Cisco remains silent on the issue. Sucks!

admin72323
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah I have 5 of these RV340 routers and one of them run into this problem last Friday.  Just happened and so nothing helps.  Hope a factory reset this weekend will allow me to get into the router.  Yes, Cisco equipment getting complicated with all the software and central licensing things, to support and not reliable. If there is a fix, I would love to know how.

Good luck.  I have had zero success logging into them after a reset.  I had 7 of these in production.  5 out of my 7 exhibited this behavior, 2 are still ok.  When I bought all of these, I bought one more to be used as a hot spare in the event one ever crapped out.  I just now opened the box, pulled it out and I was able to login to it and update the firmware.  I am going to put it back on my shelf and keep it as a hot spare in the event one of my 2 working units stops.  In the mean time for the other 5, I reverted back to the Cisco RV042 (I held onto them).  I know it is not ideal, but Cisco is still releasing firmware for them, I have them updated and it looks like their voice over IP issues are fixed.  For now I am using them along with the 2 working 340's until I can find a total replacement for all of them.

Claudio A.
Level 1
Level 1

I´ve experienced this problem today and reseted to factory default but the loggin failed, the sympton is the same, the circle in static mode. Someone can help?

Unfortunately I do not think there is anything anyone can do, not even Cisco, unless they have some super secret back door into them.  If you reset the device (like I did) and you still cannot login (I couldn't either), then I really don't see a way to get into them.  I ended up throwing mine out.

dsa197204
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

You have to restore the firmware backup. After that, the login goes on, but appears an spinning wheel.

Here the steps:

Automatic Firmware Fallback Method:

#1. Turn ON – wait 5 seconds – turn OFF – wait 5 seconds

#2: Turn ON – wait 5 seconds – turn OFF – wait 5 seconds

#3: Turn ON – wait 5 seconds – turn OFF – wait 5 seconds

#4: Turn ON – wait 5 seconds – turn OFF – wait 5 seconds

#5: Turn ON – wait 5 seconds – turn OFF – wait 5 seconds

#6: Turn ON – let the router boot up

Hi @dsa197204 ,

I´ll try to do this procedure, hope to recovery the RV340...

That worked!  Thank you.  I had thrown mine out in my electronics recycle box, and they have not came to pick it up yet.  So I took one out, did this firmware roll back, and I am in.  Wow is all I can say.  Thank you.

Good !

Wow I’ll admit I didn’t expect this to work but it did and saved my a$$. Thank you for doing the research on this and sharing, huge help!