Views
Helpful
Replies

IPC-2500 Firmware Crash

jasonghl0
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Today I tried upgrading one of my  CIVS-IPC-2500's firmware from 1.1.1 to 2.1.2. I used the web interface and it said it completed successfully and then rebooted, however when it came back up, it says,  "Firmware crash! Please upgrade camera to the latest firmware version and follow through the firmware upgrade procedure"

It then gives you a screen to select a new bin file and do the firmware upgrade again. I've now tried 2.1.2, 2.1.0 and 1.1.2. All with the same result.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

ANDREW OSBORNE
Level 1
Level 1

Jason,

Unfortunately you may have bricked the camera.  When you upgrade from the 1.x to 2.x firmware you HAVE to use the upgrade utility and not the web interface.  I learned that one the hard way.  Since it gives you a message you might still be able to resurrect it.  Mine was just bricked.  You need to be on the same layer 2 network as the camera or just plug a patch cable from the camera to a PC.  Push and hold the reset button while the camera is off.  Power on the camera while still holding the reset button.  I think you are supposed to wait 10 seconds.  Basically you are waiting for the amber light on the front of the camera to blink.  Once the amber light is blinking you can then start the upgrade process with the upgrade utility.  The upgrade process takes about 25 minutes.  I just did 11 cameras the other day.  It was a pain.  If the upgrade is successful it will have an address of 192.168.0.100.  At that point it should be ready to configure.

If the upgrade utility doesn't find the camera at this point you will have to RMA it.  Hopefully you have smartnet.

Good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: