cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Phone Browser access?

smithm228
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to view video from a Cisco camera on a Smartphone.  I can log into the camera from my Droid, but I can not pull video.

Thank you,

Mike

2 Replies 2

hendomatic
Level 1
Level 1

I use a combination of Anyconnect to get me into the network and Live Cams Pro. I have an iPad, not sure if there is a port for the droid. There are several camera viewing apps for the droid.

I wish Cisco would write an app that would allow us to interface into VSOM. That would be pretty awesome on a Cius or an iPad.

Cheers

Dennis

I'll concur with Dennis.  I use IP Cam Viewer on my Android and iPad and they work fine.  There are several apps that seem to do the same thing.  The rub is that you have to hit each camera directly, not via the server.  And typically you have to use a mpeg or mjpeg feed, not h264. 

Following is a decent post talking about some of the technical aspects since few (if any) of these apps have native drivers for the Cisco cams, in my experience.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3514796

Cisco does have a video surveillance specific version of IPICS to provide some of this mobile functionality, but I don't have much first hand exposure to it, so can't really comment.

Cheers,

Vance