Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switchport security

Hi All,

I configured switchport security in one of my office switches with my laptop's Mac-address but unfortunately my laptop got lost and i don't remember the mac address too. What should i do to access the port now? What could be other options to configure switchport security other than binding mac-address?

Looking forward to a solution.

Best Regards,

Cisco User

7 Replies 7

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Did you manual bind the MAC address to the switchport of use 'sticky MAC'? If the latter, then simply clear the address:

clear port-security sticky interface gi1/0/1

conf t

int gi1/0/1

shut

no shut

exit

Regarding alternatives, port-security is at the bottom end of switchport access control. Beyond that you would want to look at MAB or full blown 802.1x . Both of these solutions would require a separate NAC server.

cheers,

Seb.

Hello Sir,

Good Morning and Thank you for your response.

I had manually configured the MAC address to the port. Is there anything i could do? Thank you for your help for sticky portion though.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Cisco User

Hi there,

in which case negate the line of config specifiying the MAC address on the switchport. If the old MAC was 1111.2222.3333 and the new MAC is AAAA.BBBB.CCCC:

!
int gi1x/x/x
  no switchport port-security mac-address 1111.2222.3333
  switchport port-security mac-address AAAA.BBBB.CCCC
!

cheers,

Seb.

Thank you for the solution sir.

No problem. Please mark this post as solved. ;)

Dear Sir,

Just before i mark this solution as solved, could you also please advise me a solution if i configured switchport security as sticky?

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Cisco User

Hi there,

A swithport config which would dynamically learn one MAC address on an access port would look like this:

!
int gix/x/x
  switchport mode access
  switchport access vlan xx
  switchport port-security
  switchport port-security maximum 1
  switchport port-security violation restrict
  switchport port-security mac-address sticky
  spanning-tree portfast
no shut !

cheers,

Seb.