cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ACS v. 5.1 Authentication methods

Hello,

I hope my question has not been yet asked. But it's so complicated to explain that I don't even know on which keywords to search.

I'd like to define 2 types of users on my ACS:

1- Users who use basic authentication with a password

2- Users who use an external token server.

The issue is that I don't manage to make both work together:

I've created 2 service selection rules and depending on how I order them, the token user can authenticate but not the fix password one and vice versa.

Does someone either have an idea or a clear documentation about how to configure this simple feature on the ACS?

In version 4, this was really easy: 1 group with ext authentication, and one with local DB password.

In version 5, I do not find how to do it.

Thanks a lot!

Patrick

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Advocate

ACS v. 5.1 Authentication methods

Patrick,

Are the usernames present in both databases? If not,you can create an identity store sequence ( it will check AD then RSA) but you can set the sequence in any order you like:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/user/guide/users_id_stores.html#wp1054132

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*