Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connect some users on ISE Secondary node

Is it possible to connect users on secondary node?

I tried it. I configure one switch to connect on the secondary node. A computer on that switch communicate with the secondary node and get and IP address from the DHCP. but It cannot download DACL.

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can you please post more information (ip address of secondary and the personas ADM,MNT,PDP) and then also run a "debug radius authentication".

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

The primary node has tne personas ADM, MNT and Policy. the secondary node is on a remote site where we are users.

I want those users to authenticate by that one instead of the primary. Is that possible?

Yes you can point the users to the secondary server and have them authenticate, within ise the primary and secondary status only applies to admin and the monitoring personas, as as the node is running the policy services they are all considered their own standalone radius server.

please use the "debug radius authentication" and all check the replicstion status and see if it is in sync and completed.

Thanks

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: