cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE background upgrades using vmware features

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- ISE is business critical in our environment as it determines network access both for wired and wireless; we are currently running 2.2 - P1. I don't want to upgrade the production environment to P2 or 2.3 even if can be done in seperate steps (per node). We have 2 admin/mon and 2 PSN nodes. Ideally I would like to start from snapshots from the current production nodes and create a new deployment which I could then upgrade, while the production environment isn't disturbed. Is this possible or flexible; did anyone do it that way already and or has guidelines ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
1 Reply 1

agrissimanis
Level 1
Level 1

You could perform ISE application backup of the current environment, build a new 2.3 environment and restore the backup. I believe using VMware snapshots is not supported. I think the tricky part of doing upgrade this way would be the point when you need to make to new system live. You need to make sure you test the new environment properly.