Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

RV220W - too many bugs and no firmware update for 1 year

someone39
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am working for an IT service provider and I have bought an RV220W router for internal use. Later I planned to recommend this product to our customers, but with firmware version 1.0.4.17 it has many (too many...) bugs.

Here is what I´ve found until now:

- NTP is not working properly. At the beginning, the time and date settings have to be configured manually and then you can switch over to NTP. Otherwise time/date is not updated by NTP servers.

- Firewall Logging issues. I really can´t find the logs for dropped / allowed packets. I turned on logging under Administration --> Logging --> Firewall Logs and looked at Status --> View Logs --> Severity Debugging . But there is nothing Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

- Reorder of access rules is not working properly. Rules can only be reordered within one page, e.g. rule 12 on page 2 should be moved to number 5 on page 1. This results in an error message: "Invalid Position Please enter a value between 11 - 12". What can I do without deleting all rules in between and adding them in the proper order? Another thing: When rules are reordered, the new order is only displayed in "reorder" view, but not in the "Access Rule Table". Which order does the router use at the end?

I really would be glad about any hint to solve these issues! When can we expect to get the next firmware update? The router is quite useless until now...

Thanks a lot and best regards

Sonja

Who Me Too'd this topic