Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

RV320 WAN port drops connection

anthonya1
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV320 connected to a cable modem on the WAN port. every once in a while, less than a day but more than a few hours, the WAN port stops sending traffic. I tried Static and DHCP (im supposed to use DHCP but for testing I used static as well) for my ip address. when the issue occurs, I can fully access the router via the lan side and manage it. when I view the interface stats, its up, with an ip address. no traffic passes through it though, verified this many times and using different methods. when I renew the ip, it just hangs. when I release and renew it hangs and never gets a new ip. I have to down the interface or reboot and then it gets an ip and works fine. I've also tried autonegotiate and hard setting the port speed. the logs are no help, not indicating anything. previously I had an apple airport express hooked up to the connection and it worked fine for years. so I know the connection and cabling, etc is good. any ideas? im running the latest code. I have not tried the wan2 port to see if that works. thanks!

Who Me Too'd this topic