cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

ASA 5506 with Firepower Managing Device: From ASDM Built-in to External FireSIGHT

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Everyone, 

Just a bit of background
As a lot of us know, the 5506 has a built-in Management for its firepower module using ASDM.
However, the admin has the option to use an external FirePOWER managemnt center if so desired.

One of our clients, has a 5506 where its firepower module and all related config is done through ASDM.
However, in the long run, we setup an external firepower mgmt. Center server to manage the SFR software module of 5506

However, even though I added/configured the manager IP, it wouldn't add to the FMC.
In the long run, I had to re-flash the ASA SFR and then I was able to add it to the FMC.

My question is, is there a quicker way in w/c I wont need to re-flash/re-image it? Priming the module takes a looooooooooooooooong time, especially when you are in a higher patch. If it was pre-managed initially through ASDM, it looks like simply adding a manager IP wont do it 

Is there like a command to say "hey ASA, disable your built-in ASDM management for the firepower module, i need the module to be managed on an external FMC" haha :D 

HOpe someone can help

Who Me Too'd this topic