cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Has anyone successfully connected a Mac OSX vpn client to RV340 using L2TP/IPSec?

rickrossnc
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone successfully gotten the built-in Mac OSX VPN client to connect to an RV340 using L2TP/IPSec? We have tried virtually every combination of settings we can think of, but it simply doesn't work. It seems to get close, but then complains of "Authentication Failure." We're absolutely sure we have the user credentials and the preshared-key correct, but we cannot get the built-in Mac OSX VPN client to connect to our RV340 with L2TP.

We did manage to get the built-in Mac OSX client to connect using Cisco IPSec, but we'd like to have the L2TP option working and available. We had similar problems trying to get the Windows 10 built-in VPN client using "L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key." It won't work, either!

I suspect the problem has something to do with how the RV340 is storing and fetching the preshared-key value. We noticed log entries from signon attempts showing mangled strings for the key (almost like there are a few extra random chars added to the end of the actual, correct string!)

The RV340 has Firmware Version: 1.0.01.17

Thanks
Rick

Who Me Too'd this topic