Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

ASA outside interface stops responding/passing traffic

mbroberson1
Level 3
Level 3

Wanted to see if anyone has come across this issue.

Have an ASA 5545-X running 9.12(3)9 used solely to terminate AnyConnect client sessions, there have been several incidents where the ASA outside interface would stop passing traffic and would stop replying to pings and also drop AnyConnect client sessions. To restore connectivity, we reboot the ASA. At first thought it was related to AnyConnect configuration, but after several TAC cases, TAC says the AnyConnect configuration is good and they can find no issues with the show tech-support and outputs (supplied outputs when the issue is occurring) provided to point to an ASA issue. There have been no changes recalled in the past few months when these incidents started occurring to correlate. One output have not yet recorded, but will when the issue occurs again is a show arp on the ASA and the same on our internet routers, that's my next troubleshooting step. Was also wondering if I may need to set static arp entries on both the ASA and internet routers, perhaps this might be a best practice for edge devices such as these? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Regards,

Brandon

Who Me Too'd this topic