Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

ASA-AWS - Warning: ASAv platform license state is Unlicensed

christaylor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have launched an ASAv from this AWS Marketplace product, https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-k3dpkteh6bgzi. I have tried both the 9.14.2.13 and 9.15.1.15 versions but I am seeing the following errors on both versions:

Warning: ASAv platform license state is Unlicensed.
Message #423 : Install ASAv platform license for full functionality.
Message #424 : Failure contacting AWS server; reason code 8
Message #425 : Failure contacting AWS server; reason code 8

We have this working in separate AWS accounts, however, these were set up last year and so are using a 9.13.x version of the ASA software which appears to be no longer available on the AWS Marketplace. All AWS environments are set up using Terraform so I am confident that the AWS side of things is all ok.

The ASA side of things is quite simple, it has 3 Elastic Network Adapters attached for management, inside and outside interfaces. All use DHCP to get their IPs and the outside interface has "ip address dhcp setroute" set. The ASA is used as the NAT device for servers in the inside interface subnet.

While all the above is working, the performance is really bad and I believe this is down to the product being unlicensed. When running "show version" I see...

License mode: AWS Licensing
License state: PROBATIONARY

Would this cause really slow performance? If so what can be done to troubleshoot failing to contact the AWS servers? Also, what server is it looking for and what does reason code 8 mean?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Chris

Who Me Too'd this topic