Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Cisco FPR-2140 FTD HA Setup - Connection Loss with High Traffic Volume

JohnJudi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm currently running a Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) and Firepower Management Center (FMC) setup with version 7.0.4. My firewall, specifically the FTD model, is the FPR-2140, configured in High Availability (HA) mode. Both the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and Security Intelligence (SI) are enabled.

The issue I'm facing arises when a specific volume of traffic passes through the FPR-2140. At that point, the active FTD loses all connections, disrupting the network. Interestingly, when I switch to the standby firewall, the network stabilizes again, indicating an issue with the active unit. Notably, both the standby and active firewalls exhibit high CPU usage, hovering around 50 percent.

I'm seeking guidance on troubleshooting and resolving this issue. Any insights, recommendations, or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated. I'm particularly interested in understanding potential causes for the connection loss under high traffic conditions and how to mitigate this issue effectively within the HA setup for the FPR-2140 model.

Thank you in advance for any assistance or advice you can provide!

Who Me Too'd this topic