Views
Helpful
Replies

2x RVL200 Problems

idepix1809
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've pursharsed 2 x rvl200 routers at the same time and I've been expericing problems on both of them. They have been installed in 2 different locations and are now unplugged because of problems.

-------------------------------

#1 router

The router has been running well for 3 months before this problem happens. The router suddently stop working.

No Ping

No access to the web based console

Soft reset doesn't work (reset button 5 seconds, diag LED doesn't blink after pressing reset)

Hard reset doesn't work (reset button 10 seconds, diag LED doesn't blink after pressing reset)

Power light is solid green

Diag LED - nothing (not blinking or solid)

Plugging an ethernet cable in any of the 4 ports doesn't light the lights in front (like if no cable is plugged in)

The router was running the latest 1.1.12.1 firmware before the problem

-------------------------------

#2 router

Everyting worked well for 2 weeks. Every day, it has to be rebooted because it cannot be reach (no ping). Once rebooted it work well until the next "hang".

The router has the latest 1.1.12.1 firmware

I've hard reset it and reload the firmware but the problem still happen.

--------------------------------

Is there something to do with those 2 problematic routers ? Quite bizard that both has been purshase at the same time and now have stop working.. Looks like a bad hardware in both or something like that. They have been manufactured at the same time (they have consecutive serial numbers)

I've purshase lots of linksys and cisco hardware over the years and it's the first time I have problems with any of them....

Thanks for your help,

Ben

0 Replies 0