cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can't ping other devices on DLink bridge.

SeaHag890
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DLink wireless bridge connected to the wireless WRV210 router.   All devices connected to DLink can access internet/email fine and can ping the WRV210, however, they can not ping any device connected to the WRV210 router, nor can any device on the WRV210 ping devices on the DLink writeless bridge. 

All devices are on the same subnet, 192,168.100.X  with mask 255.255.255.0.  All devices get their address from the WRV210.

Help!!!

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
they can not ping any device connected to the WRV210 router, nor can any device on the WRV210 ping devices on the DLink writeless bridge.

Is the firewall enabled on the clients?

firewalls have been temporarily disabled and still not able to ping.

SeaHag890
Level 1
Level 1

is there some type of route table I need to add on the WRV210 so knows where to find devices on the DLINK?

David,

Everything in the same subnet so no routes needed.Have you worked with the DLink bridge before? Does it allow you to ping the device that are located behind it. We have a WET200 that wouldn't allow you to ping the devices behind it.

Just might be a limitation of the device or router.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

I also have a printer on the DLink, I can ping the printer from the PC that is also connected to the same DLink.

From the desktop I can ping the CISCO router which of course is the gateway for the desktop. I just can’t ping any device connected to the CISCO.

I’m not sure it is the DLink or Cisco that is restricting communications.

On the Cisco I see a setting to allow other repeaters, you can give it a MAC address. I tried this setting but it does not help.

If I were to get a Cisco product that does the same function as the DLink what product do you suggest?

Dave

Another test.

I connected a different desktop PC to a Linksys WGA54g, a wireless-g game adapter. Basically this is a one port bridge, correct?

I am able to get IP address from CISICO DHCP server, I can surf internet, I can ping CISCO, however, I am not able ping any device connected to the CISCO unit, either wired or wireless devices.

So this tells me this is CISCO limitation, correct?

You can resolve this issue. I returned the CISCO product and installed a DLink router all is working well.

There is definitely something that stops the communication from going through the DLINK bridge to its client computers.

Good luck, I hope you resolve it.

Dave