cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV042 Firmware new version ?

bunyawatt
Level 1
Level 1

I know that Cisco will release a new firmware version for the RV042 to solve the problem again? And when? Or may be the final version?

Fix ?

Load balance function poorly.

3 Replies 3

sp1152211811
Level 1
Level 1

I was going to ask the same question.  I have a RV042G and it hasn't been updated since the "G" version came out - almost a year ago!

Since there are many little nagging issues with this product, when might we expect to see a firmware update??  Does anyone know???  I had never dealt with Cisco before this purchase and I am totally surprised at the length of time between firmware updates.  The other companies I have used were more on top of updating their products.  I can understand longer time frames when the product is rock solid! - Not so with RV series routers!

Later - Well I assumed this post would not be responded to!  I noticed that the posts around it have been and we were passed over.  The answer is "we don't know"

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

I can understand your frustration and wanted to let you know that we are seeing this and getting answers to question like yours are not as simple most others. When dealing with an actual issue, those of us that normally look at these support forums can give a quicker answer. The reason why is we are dealing with something we can do or work with.

When asking about firmware, we have to depend on another group to get an answer back to us. So we see your question and then have to turn around and speak with another group. that will have to research where something may be in work and what kind of time frame we are looking at.

Currently there is no available timeframe for the next fw release. Depending on the current documented issue with a product and firmware version, other devices may take priority. (The more cases opened for an issue and documented the more likely that problem/issue can be bumped higher spot in line. Once the firmware has been coded, we then have a exhaustive testing phase to ensure the issue(s) are fixed and that nothing else is broken in the process. (again depending on the number of cases documented, a beta firmware may be release to relieve any issues that are troubling those documented case.

The best thing to do is make sure you have subscribed to the small business section here on the forums and you should be notified of any updates that come out. Also you can also signup on Cisco.com for firmware release notification as well. I will look for that link and post when I have it.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.