Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV042 port forwarding assistance

geoffzeiss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I feel I'm having an issue, and I'm unsure why.

We own a Cisco RV042 V03 with firmware 4.0.4.02-tm.

I have successfully demonstrated that I can open and forward ports 8001 & 8081 from the WAN side to a specific IP Address on the LAN side.

I performed this by going to Setup --> Forwarding, then setup Port Range Forwarding & Port Triggering.

I also changed Setup --> UPnP, then UPnP Function is set to Yes.

My issue is that we would also like to forward 11101 through 11164 in the same maner.  However, when I step through the same method described above, it does not seem to work.

So now I am confused how I could open the 8001 & 8081 ports, but not the higher 11101 thru 11164 ports.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Geoff

3 Replies 3

oliversl1
Level 1
Level 1

One way to test this is to setup the port-forward and use them from inside the lan using the ip of WAN1. This was you can confirm the RV042 if forwarding the traffic.

Maybe your ISP is blocking the traffice on ports grater than 10.000, who knows. Testing those ports from the local LAN should demostrate that the RV082 if forwarding the ports.

Regards,

Oliver

Kevin Morse
Level 1
Level 1

I am confused why you enabled UPNP, it should not be required for port forwarding. If anything this could be causing conflicts with the port forwarding of the higher numbered ports.

geoffzeiss
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the assistance. I have disabled the UPnP and saw that it had no affect to the lower numbers. As far as the higher numbers, I did not get to the bottom of it, however, it turns out it is a non-issue at the time being and I will not worry about it.