cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV042: Restoring Backed up Configurations

zlively127
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have several cisco rv042 small business routers. All of them need exactly the same configurations.

I am trying to save myself a lot of time and just back up the Startup.config of one configured router and restore it to the rest.

For whatever reason this is not working and when I try to restore the Startup.config nothing happens. I've even tried restarting the router to see if it would take the new configurations but still nothing.

Can someone throw me a bone? Can this be done?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Mr. Lively,

What version of RV042  do you have?

You shouldn't have issues doing that with the configurations.

The Firmware version is the 4.0.0.07

Thats what I thought, I can't figure out why its not taking the backed up configuration file..

I was having the same issue myself but then realized upon selecting the config file and restoring it was stating to make sure popup blockers were disabled.  If you do not disable the popup blocker it will just take you back to the backup and restore page with no errors.  When you do so a seperate window will pop up asking for the password for the config that you are trying to restore.  It then works fine.

Eric is right. If you try to restore a config file on another unit with different admin password, the unit will prompt you for admin password, which needs to match with what is in the config file that you try to restore.

Boa noite pessoal, Estou com o mesmo problema na empresa ao restaurar pede essa senha. que senha é essa?Você pode me explicar melhor do que se trata?Obrigado.