cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV340 Router - Keeps resetting on it's own.

varunoberoi
Level 1
Level 1

I recently bought this router for a new office and immediately updated the firmware to the latest available. Which is 1.0.03.17

A single WAN using PPPOE connection.

A single VLAN 192.168.1.x.

My problem is, the router keeps resetting itself and someone has to go back into the web portal and input the WAN settings to get the internet working. This happens sometimes in a few hours, sometimes in two days. But in the last month, this has happened about 10 times.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Update router FW to 1.0.03.18 then re-check

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5416-configure-system-log-settings-on-the-rv34x-series-router.html

Configure a  syslog-server for the device with logging level 'notification'  - examine logs when the device resets, see if you can find something useful

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I didn't try with the server yet. But I did switch on logging. But since the whole problem is about the router resetting, the log disappears.

Would setting up syslog-server help in getting a persisted log?

- Yes , by definition, because the logs can then be 1) kept and 2) reviewed at all times, including the problematic ones.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Update router FW to 1.0.03.18 then re-check

Yup. Just saw a new update available. Have updated and also switched on logs.

After the update the issue so far seems to be resolved. I will re-confirm in a couple of weeks.