cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV345 Can not delete User Groups

CapitalComputer
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason, after creating and saving a User Group, I can not go back and delete it if I no longer want to use that group. This is occurring when logged in under the 'admin' group through the web interface. I would have thought that I would have the rights to delete?

I also noticed that once I create a User Account and assign a User Group, I can delete the User Account later, but if I want to reuse the User Account name then the router automatically assigns the initial User Group and I can not change it. Hence, I can not change the User Group for a User Account name.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

Please open a case with Cisco Technical Support. Here is the contact of the technical support :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

CitNetGuy
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this in the RV340.  The problem is the admin account (user) was added in the group by default.  Needless to say, you cannot delete the admin user from the group so you cannot delete the group.

Basically, you still have users in the group and there isn't anything you can do about it.

I have attached a pic to illustrate this point.

The second issue is just remove the user account from the group then delete group.

Hi, My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

Please open a case with Cisco Technical Support. Here is the contact of the technical support :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO