Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WRVS4400n V2.0 & iPhone 4: no internet access after iPhone sync

tintifax.at
Level 1
Level 1

L&G,

i know it seems strange but it might be that this problem regards to the router.

Each time I sync my iPhone with iTunes, unplug it afterwards it looses WLAN connection to the WRVS4400n i such a way that the WLAN icon is still shown but there is no response from the internet.

It just helps to disable MAC filtering on both WLAN and firewall for a second, and then re-activating it. After this the iPhone is able to re-connect to the internet.

Has anyone an idea what this behaviour may have caused.

P.S. I also encrypt the WLAN with a 63 digit wide ASCII key.

5 Replies 5

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi tintifax.at,

Thank you for posting. Have you tried using a different wireless security type? Usually WPA2-Personal works well with newer wireless clients such as the iPhone.

Hi mpyhala,

I had enabled WPA2-Personal all the time.WEP IMHO is unsecure.

Hi tintifax.at,

Thank you for your response. I am curious, have you tried connecting with a static IP on the iPhone? (as a test, not a permanent solution)

Hello mpyhala,

thanks for your hint - I have now switched to static IP and it seems that it works now. I have tested synchronization twice. However, I will try tomorrow when I get back from work again, and I will give fb in any case here.

Hello mpyhala,

I have testet the iPhone with static IP now for a few days and the problem didn't occur again. As I can live with a static IP, I am happy with it for now.

Thanks a lot for your help.