cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring 2504

peekachu76
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2504 Wireless LAN  router.  I need help configuring it.  I have read through the documentation but not really understanding what I'm doing through the console before getting to the web management portion of the install.

I do know that I have to buy a special cable that goes from usb to serial cable to convert because I don't have a serial port on the computer.  Then I know that I'm using a program called Putty.  Beyond that I'm not sure what I'm doing but willing to jump in and get it done once I find out what I need to do through the console before getting the web interface portion up and going.  I have not worked on a Cisco product in about 13 years.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So first I am configuring through the console then through the web interface??

There are TWO way of configuring a WLC:  CLI or using the Web Express Setup (GUI).  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thank you Leo.  Okay so this is kind of what I was asking  I read through a document that looks a bit like the one you just sent to me.  So first I am configuring through the console then through the web interface??  Also, I know I have to get Putty for hyperterminal but once I open Putty and add board rate, etc.  will it automatically bring me in the console of the box or are there commands or something I need to do before that?  I am trying to understand what I need to do and type in so I don't look like an idiot in front of the client.  I don't even have a box here to look at or try out before I sit down with him because he's bringing it with him and expecting me to sit down and do it then he leave with the box.  I'm sure all of us has been in some type of this situation before.

So first I am configuring through the console then through the web interface??

There are TWO way of configuring a WLC:  CLI or using the Web Express Setup (GUI).  

Thanks for your patience!!