Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall RV 220W reboots every day

sanderpolanco
Level 1
Level 1

English

Hello, like the tittle says every day at leats once this firewall restarts, and when all the services are up again the router doesn´t give any ip to the lapstops in the lan, so i need to reboot the firewall one more time ( and that takes about two minutes each time) and then it works.

I would like to know why this happing to this device.

Spanish:

Hola, como el titulo dice este firewall se reinicia por lo menos una vez al día, y cuando todos los servicios están arriba nuevamente, el router no da ip a ninguno de los laptops dentro de la red local, así que es necesario reiniciarlo una vez más ( y eso toma alrededor de 2 minutos cada vez)y después de eso funciona.

Me gustaría saber por que sucede eso en este dispositivo.

Saludos

2 Replies 2

Ronald Sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

I too had a similar situation with that router doing random reboots. I saved all configuration information, did a hard factory reset, then installed the latest firmware 1.0.5.8 and re-entered all the configuration settings BY HAND. Do not restore the configuration file from the prior setup. (Very important according to Cisco). Be sure to reboot after entering all the configuration settings.

It has operated rock solid after that with no errors logged or unwanted reboots. 

Hope this helps.

Ron 

Thanks Ronald, i will try as soon as i can, and of course write in here the answer.