Views
Helpful
Replies

gateway to gateway configure

rufneck55
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,all
i have few questions that ive been trouble for days and months trying to figured it out but fail cause my limited knowledge of networking.

As see in the picture, Im trying to to use VPN to connect my workside with home network. i cant seem the configure it right. what ip address or subnet should i use for this or that. there also two of Ubiquiti loco M5s that connect both site over km away. i dont know what should assign it to be bridge or router? and wan2 or both rv042s, pptp or ppoe or brisde or even static.
if anyone can help teach me how step by step to configure it right. Thank you1.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I´ll try to help you:

what ip address or subnet should i use for this or that.

Well, this is not relevant. You can use any stating they are different. For example, you can use 192.168.1.X for home and 192.168.2.x for Work. Or even 172.16.1.X for home and 10.10.10.X for Work. It is up to you.

192.168.x.x

172.16.x.x

10.x.x.x 

Those are free to use.

here also two of Ubiquiti loco M5s that connect both site over km away. i dont know what should assign it to be bridge or router? 

This is more difficult. I know nothing about Ubiquiti. You need to find help on some Ubiquiti forum.

or both rv042s, pptp or ppoe or brisde or even static.

Watch this video. You can even use IP addressing as example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuYqvpTrf3E

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I´ll try to help you:

what ip address or subnet should i use for this or that.

Well, this is not relevant. You can use any stating they are different. For example, you can use 192.168.1.X for home and 192.168.2.x for Work. Or even 172.16.1.X for home and 10.10.10.X for Work. It is up to you.

192.168.x.x

172.16.x.x

10.x.x.x 

Those are free to use.

here also two of Ubiquiti loco M5s that connect both site over km away. i dont know what should assign it to be bridge or router? 

This is more difficult. I know nothing about Ubiquiti. You need to find help on some Ubiquiti forum.

or both rv042s, pptp or ppoe or brisde or even static.

Watch this video. You can even use IP addressing as example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuYqvpTrf3E

Thanks for rating and changing the status to solved. This helps make this forum better.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-