Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway to Gateway VPN Configuration Help

ozziepeeps
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

Thanks for your patience - I'm a beginner trying to set up a Gateway to Gateway VPN connection from my Cisco RV325 to a VPN service that I have a subscription to called Keep Solid VPN Unlimited.

VPN Unlimited supports various protocols to connect to their service from routers:

• L2TP/IPSec
  • IKEv1
  • IKEv2 [Win, Mac, Linux]
  • OpenVPN

I'm pretty sure this Cisco Router doesn't support Gateway to Gateway OpenVPN right? That's just for inbound traffic only where the Cisco is the server. So, I think my only option from the above is IKEv1.

If I choose IKEv1 as my connection option in my VPN Unlimited dashboard, I'm provided with the following configuration details, and I'm trying to figure out where these should go in the plethora of fields I have available on the Cisco. I'm giving the following details (masked for security):

General info:

Domain name: uk.vpnunlimitedapp.com

Pre-shared key: K2ZSHT*****v1VrTeGT5

Device config:

Login: KS1-23045e******553bbc10:m**k@m*******.com

Password: fnk****Xk1v

Global config:

Login: m**k@m*******.com

Password: gH******N3

I'm not convinced I need all of the details above. I think VPN Unlimited just provide all the details as a superset for all the different protocols.

Any help would be most appreciated, particularly if anyone has set up this router with this VPN provider before. I tried a few attempts last night but couldn't get the VPN to connect correctly.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Mark

1 Reply 1

akashar2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ozzie,

I hope below link will resolve your issue to setup Gateway to Gateway VPN

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4270-gateway-to-gateway-virtual-private-network-vpn-configuration.html

In this tunnel mode the clients on both side will be able to communicate and share data between each other .