cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP!! Cisco RV180 Port Forwarding

sirflex10
Level 1
Level 1

Someone please advise as to this is the first time I've tried to setup port forwarding using the Cisco RV180 Router. I have a Cisco RV180 Router, a Ruckus 7055 access point and a power distribution unit. I'd like to be able to access the router remotely and also the devices behind the router (the ruckus access point and the power distribution unit). I'm assuming that I'll need to assign the Cisco RV180 router a static IP address and I'm assuing that this static address should be assigned to the WAN port? I'd also like to configure port forwarding so that I can access the ruckus and the PDU remotely also. I've tried assigning a static IP address to the WAN port of the RV180 but I cannot ping this device remotely. Anyone have any advice on accessing the RV180 remotely? I've populated all of the correct fields for the WAN settings (ip, gateway, subnet, etc.) , and my static ip address is valid.Thank you in advance.

2 Replies 2

Prithvi Manduva
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello sirflex,

As you have mentioned you need to configure a static nat for the devices which you have done when you configure a port forwarding.

Have you configured access rules under firewall>access Rules. Add the access rules for the ping and the Http and Https services.

Can you capture the packets at the WAN port while you are pinging the WAN port and the firmware version on the device.

Which mode are you running the device gateway or router. You can check it under Netwroking>Routing>Routing Mode.

Thanks,
Prithvi

Please mark answered and rate for helpful posts.

Thanks, Prithvi Please mark answered and rate for helpful posts.

Prithvi,

Thank you for your help. I'm running the router in Gateway mode currently, is this correct? I managed to apply a public IP to the WAN interface of the router and I can now access it remotely but I'm still struggling to get the port forwarding to work. Should the destination address be the public address of my WAN port or the 192.168.1.1 address? Thank you in advance.