cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help RMA Request. Opened a ticket but they are asking for CCO ID?

WAB-IT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  I have a RV340 that I purchased from B&H Photo.

One of the WAN Ports are bad and I need an RMA.

I opened a ticket at https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/

My ticket number is 695976932.

The Engineer that is assigned the ticket is asking me for a CCO ID.  I have provided him with my original purchase invoice from B&H that shows the serial number. I have also called B&H and asked them about a CCO ID that cisco is requesting. B&H was not able to help me and did not understand what it was that I was asking for.

So, can anyone here explain the proper procedure to get an RMA for the Cisco small business line or products that come with the Limited Lifetime Warranty?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/datasheet-c78-742350.html#Warrantyinformation

The Cisco RV340 Series router are covered under the Cisco Small Business Product Limited Lifetime Hardware warranty and one year of Tech Support.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

A "limit" of the limited lifetime hardware warranty is that it applies only to the original purchaser of the product. Cisco is looking to confirm that you are a registered representative of the original purchaser.

It is relatively simple to self-register on CCO, if you have not done so already:

https://id.cisco.com/signin/register

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

I am the original purchaser. My name is on the invoice that I sent them from BH Photo.

I have a cisco id.  That is how I created the ticket that the engineer has been responding to me on.

I actually have a closed ticket in the same login where I was able to get tech support on this same unit 2 years ago.   At that time I had no issue with getting support...   

I am not sure why, now I am needing to provide something different...

Thanks..   I am open to any additional suggestions to get this moving along..

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

CCO ID = cisco.com ID; same thing.

CCO originally meant (25+ years ago) Cisco Connection Online and the term is an ancient artifact from back then when online access meant telnet and ftp (to download new IOS images). They are just asking for your cisco.com ID.

WAB-IT
Level 1
Level 1

The most recent reply from the engineer below...

cisco-engineer-response-redacted.JPG

When I go to the link he provided I am present with a ton of various options to select and none of them really apply to what I am trying to do...

For example...

cisco-cust-options.jpg

Why is this so hard to do?  Can someone here provide an email or phone number of the department that can help me?

Cisco’s records shown above indicate that the companies entitled to RMA this device are (1) D&H Distributing Co. and (2) BH Photo Video Inc. Unless your Cisco ID is associated with one of these companies, TAC does not believe that you are entitled to an RMA. I am assuming that your ID is not associated with one of these companies, which is why you were sent a link to request entitlement. 

Under the assumption that you are not with D&H Distributing Co., the question becomes why is your company not recorded with Cisco as the entitled company (ie, original purchaser)? This is a question for the company you bought the product from. If they are an authorized Cisco reseller, they can fix this with Cisco.

D&H Distributing Co is one of BH Photo Video Inc suppliers..  They work together.. BH Photo is an authorized reseller, but I don't think BH Photo has an automated system to associate the purchaser (Me) of the equipment to the various Manufacturers registration systems..   I have been buying things from BH for over 20 years and have never ran into this issue.  Most manufactures at most, ask to see the purchase invoice and will then provide support.

I contacted BH Photo about the issue I am having and they don't have a clue what it is I need them to do..  Yesterday I asked BH Photo support rep to escalate my issue so that someone there can figure out what it is that needs to happen to get this resolved.

Channel partners (resellers) should have a Cisco Channel Account Manager assigned to them; that is who they negotiate margin points with (ie, their profit on sales of Cisco products and services). BH Photo sales rep should reach out to their Cisco CAM for direction on how to update the sales record for this serial number. While they’re at it, all your serial numbers should be checked for proper service entitlement.