cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with RV320 VPN Setup

bob.lonski1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to provide remote access to employees using RV320 Router.  We are a "MAC House" and I am looking for a EasyVPN Client for OS X 10.10.3. 

Thanks,

Bob

7 Replies 7

wlang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I also just tried several remote access methods to the RV320. I have tried  SSL VPN first as it sounds simple an does not require a client software. In principle it works, but than I realized that it requires ActiveX control for RDP connections which is not supported by Firefox and Chrome. Secondly, even enabling in IE, I was not able to bring up a RDP session.

Secondly I tried Easy VPN Client. I got a connection, but I was unable to a ping to a server located in the local LAN. I also tried to connect to the server without a success

Thirdly, I tried Greenbow VPN and followed the video link https://vimeo.com/110309065 with the exact same setup. I get no connection at all.

I have site2site VPN running, but remote access seem to be a fundamental problem.

I would really appreciate it if someone from CISCO could please provide me with a means to setup a small office VPN access for remote employees. Based on the "marketing" information it appeared that the RV320 was the ideal choice of this application. As I now did into it I can find no practical means to used the RV320 to provide VPN access to remote employees. 

Thanks,

Bob

Good morning Bob:

Have you tried the Built-in VPN Client on OSx?

You can also look here for help on VPN Clients for MAC users: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/116080-productqanda-vpnclients-00.html

Please let me know if this helps.

This discussion has been reposted from to the Small Business Routers community.

Hello Bob,

Thank you for visiting the Cisco Support Community!

I have searched through our Knowledge Base and found these articles that may be able to help you set up a VPN on your RV320. Below are the links to the articles I have found. 

Gateway to Gateway Virtual Private Network (VPN) Configuration on RV320 and RV325 VPN Router Series

Configure Easy Client to Gateway Virtual Private Network (VPN) on RV320 and RV325 VPN Router Series

If this post was helpful, please remember to mark this question as resolved to help others in the community! If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Best, 

LP

I have the same problem. Of course followed all the instructions how to set up easy vpn.

(in fact: did everything OK earlier without reading these articles, read them after unsuccessful tries of getting the connection to work).

At the moment RV320 work as a load balancer only.

Remote access for street warriors is provided by a cheap TP-Link 1043ND with Gargoyle and openVPN behind the RV320

Everything works OK, took about 30 minutes to get i to work.

Isn't it funny?

Hello, Bob!

Finally (almost) got it to work.

HINT:

After creating or changing  a VPN configuration on RV32x reboot it using a power switch, NOT via web interface.

Very funny!

Gimbus