cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Do I change the Password??

e_phelpsii1
Level 1
Level 1

I tried the instructions, but when I type in "192.168.1.1" in the address bar of IE11 it just grinds away then says "This page can't be displayed".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ed

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sorry, we are not oracle. We have no idea what product or issue or so you are speaking of. Despite of it I can claim you are off topic in this community (Additional Communities).

Use blue [ EDIT ] button on top of page to move this thread to Small Business Routers, please.

Thank you.

Sorry, but the product info was in the title which apparently was eliminated?? I have a RV215W router. I posted in this forum because I selected my product in the "filter" box and this web site sent me here.

I now have more information. I tried the address https://10.10.10.1/ and a Cisco page came up asking for user name and password. I tried the information I had written down, no luck. Then I tried "cisco" for the user name and password, still no luck. Is there a way of bypassing or resetting this information? I tried hitting the reset button on the back of the router but again no luck.

Thanks,

Ed

I might add that my Win7 computer can connect with the router, no problem, but I cannot find the user name and password that it uses.

I see that other posts have titles on them but why did my title get cutoff? Also I cannot find my post when I go into the forum, the only way I can access my post is through the email I received from the forum.

Ed

Have you tried statistically assigning your computer with an IP(Use Static IP)?

Also, do you have antivirus-firewall installed in your computer? I have encountered a few issues with this one, the software tends to block outbound traffic to internal IPs

Also, kindly verify if you can ping the mgmt. IP

Title should not be changed by CSC system, Also, search return different results to me (unless you has restricted results to particular community). But those issues should not be discussed here. Lets leave this thread dedicated to password issue. All at all, it's off topic here. As we know the product now I updated the instructions in my previous comment. So please move it. During move you can update thread title according your's wishes. Your chances a expert will give you a valuable advice will increase.