cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP MAC Binding Limited to 30

rljesse
Level 1
Level 1

I just bought an RV325 and it won't let me enter more then 30 IP/MAC Bindings.  The documentation says it will allow 100 (some say 80).   I'm running the latest FW (Firmware Version:v1.2.1.14 (2015-08-13, 14:21:24).  I upgraded and factory reset before proceeding so I'm starting with a clean config.

CISCO RV320/325 Admin Guide:

When the device is configured as a DHCP server or for DHCP relay, you can bind
static IP addresses to up to 100 network devices, such as a web server or an FTP
server. Binding does not assign an IP address to a device. You should ensure that
each device bound to a static IP address in the IP & MAC binding table is
configured to use a static IP address.

I decided to see what would happen if I add more then 30 via the config.exp file and re-imported the config, and it worked I now have 32 bindings.  However when click add I get the message "The maximum number of IP&MAC Binding is 30.  You Can not add any more.".  See attached JPG.

How do I fix this so I don't have to "HACK" the config?

Rick

2 Replies 2

KeeterJohnson
Level 1
Level 1

You are correct that the manual says the limit is 100.  I used that info to make my purchase decision then found out like you that it's limited to 30 in version 1.2.1.14. 

Cisco released version 1.3.1.10 a few months ago and it bumped it up to 80 (not 100).  However, 1.3.1.10 had other problems so they removed it from the list of available downloads.  However, a new release is supposed to arrive in "mid June" so I suggest we just wait a week or so to see what gets released.  I'm guessing it will go back to 80.  I don't know why they can't bump it to 100 as per their own documentation.

Hello Jesse/Keeter,

I apologies for the inconvenience caused and delayed response. I do understand your frustration. This issue was already escalated and highlighted customer concerns to our development team, but currently we could not do much about it. However our engineering firmware supporting up to 80 entries. If you have warranty for your device please reaches our technical team to get the same. Our technical team will help you to get the engineering firmware.

Link to reach Chat support and technical support teams -https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/onlinechatsupport

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html