cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MTU Issue Still Exists with New Firmware

preachs54
Level 1
Level 1

I've reported this many times over the last year and it still is an issue with the new firmware!! *sigh*  I guess I just need to dump my Cisco equipment.

The firewall on the RV320 lowers the MTU by 50.  The connection is PPPoE - which has an MTU of 1492 - but when the firewall is enabled it drops to 1442 instantly!  The issue is VERY reproducible by simply turning the firewall on and off.  Oh Well - like others on this forum, you move on when you have to.

4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

John,

Please call support and open a case so that this can be reported as a bug.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

Mpyhala - If you will go to this thread: 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12101391/rv320-mtu-wrong

You will see that about half-way down the thread you made this suggestion and I DID it.  They blew me off as though it's no big deal.  How many times would I have to contact them before it was taken seriously?  In fact the case # is in a post near the end of the thread!

John,

I'm sorry about the issue that you are seeing. I read the case notes and it appears that it was reported as "slower than expected WAN speed". It is normal to see a decrease in WAN speed when behind a firewall, so the issue was not taken seriously apparently. I recommend that you open a new case and reference the old case number. Report it as low MTU rather than low WAN speed. Be clear about how this is affecting your network. If this is a bug, the case should be escalated so that it can be fixed.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

Thanks for taking a look.  I was very clear that it was MTU that was being affected however the technician was VERY difficult to understand and may have misinterpreted what I was telling him.  You are correct - WAN speed is not the issue at all - it is MTU which should not change regardless of speed.

I will make another effort at my earliest convenience.