Helpful
Replies

OpenVPN on RV320 connects but can't access LAN

seanthornton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry for such a noob question.  I have the following:

Internet-->Comcast Modem-->RV320-->PC

As the title says, I can use OpenVPN on my laptop to connect to the RV320 no problem, but once I'm connected I am unable to ping the PC on the LAN.  I have scoured the forums on here, OpenVPN.net, StackExchange, and so on, but nothing I've found has been able to help me with this.  Probably I just don't know anything about routing.  Can anyone out there tell me what I've missed?  Thanks,

~Sean

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

can you try and disable the firewall on the computer that you want to reach via ping to discard this is a problem cause by that? sometimes firewalls can prevent the computer to response to ping when is reach from another subnet.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

Please let me know what is current firmware version of the RV320 device ?

Are you sure that this PC is responding to ping at all ?

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Hello Iliya!

Firmware should be 1.4.2.19, as I upgraded it last week, and yes, the PCs I am trying to reach on the LAN are able to reach each other with ping/RDP/etc.

I am not sure if it's relevant to this problem, but my Comcast modem is not in bridge mode but rather is set to forward the OpenVPN port (1194) to the RV320--didn't strike me as an issue since I'm able to VPN into the RV320 no problem. I did it that way since there are several people who use the Comcast Wi-Fi for their phones.

If it helps, let me also add that I'm not married to split-tunnel mode--I just left that as the default setting since neither split- nor full-tunnel seemed to have any impact on this problem.

Thanks!

Hi, 

I think it will be good to call our support line and open a support case.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

can you try and disable the firewall on the computer that you want to reach via ping to discard this is a problem cause by that? sometimes firewalls can prevent the computer to response to ping when is reach from another subnet.

That was it! Like I said, a noob question. Thanks for all the help everyone!