cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPTP setup problems after upgrading RV320 to 1.5.1.05

JoeJeske05106
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrade, I just can't figure out how to resetup my PPTP VPN routes.   Just doesn't work.

2 Replies 2

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

My name is Puneet sandel and I am from Cisco small business technical support center. Once the router has been upgraded to the latest firmware, make sure the PPTP tunnel still exists under VPN.

If not we will have to setup the PPTP tunnel again on the router and then on client.

Please find the link to configure PPTP on RV320. Although the firmware in the below doc is old but the process remains the same.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4359-configure-point-to-point-tunneling-protocol-pptp-server-on-r.html

I hope this will resolve the issue and please do not forget to save the configuration from running to start up configuration after making the changes.

Please mark the thread as solution if it helps.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Technical Consulting Engineer-Level 2

Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

This did NOT solve my problem. I finally had to return to previous image and rebuild all my settings. Even when I rebuild from scratch the latest upgrade 1.5.05, it still fails to allow PPTP. Not a ISP problem but router problem. When is the next upgrade coming out? Can this be fixed in the next release?