Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickVPN to RV082 no longer stable

TheRegerGroup
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I have a RV082 in the corporate office, and several remote people connecting to it using QuickVPN through a variety of clients (XP and Windows 7).  As of today, they are all now seeing the "Remote Gateway is not responding - disconnect or wait" message.  Checking through the logs on some of the remote clients, I see the "Failed to ping the remote router" message several times, followed by the "Ping was blocked, which can be caused by an unexpected disconnect." message.

The odd thing is that everyone has been running very well over the past 2-3 weeks - most people with 8+ hours of solid connectivity.  We made no changes to the clients, nor to the remote router in the corporate office.

Any ideas as to what I can check to see what the problem is?  It's very frustrating to have something that was working suddenly stop working for no apparent reason...

Thanks for any ideas!

-Joe

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Joe,

Can you go under the PC's and make sure NO Microsoft updates ran. Many times people leave auto-update enabled and of course many PC's can and have been effected with an update from Microsoft. Generally if everything was working great and all of a sudden trouble happens usually something has changed in the network.

For for the routers trouble shooting step , Just a simple reboot will work since no configuration changes were made.

please repost results,

Thanks,

Jasbryan...

Jasbryan,

Good idea - I'll check the client machines to see when the latest Microsoft updates were applied.  I agree that a change must have occured for things to suddenly stop working.  After I look at some of the client machines, I'll reboot the client router, then follow with the central VPN router.

It will take some time before I can report back...

Out of curiosity, are you aware of any recent Microsoft updates that could cause this type of an issue?

Thanks - Joe

Not lately, an issue about a year ago microsoft put out an update and we start seeing a growing number in Qvpn calls.