Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickVPN with RV220W

michael_geppner
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, here's the situation:

We have RV220W at corporate office...intent is to have (5) groups of (3) users each connecting via VPN. Had assumed would be using QuickVPN and have set up users, etc and connections at current locations are quick, smooth, reliable. I have set up (2) locations (6 users so far). However, after 4th connection (no matter where or in what order) client hangs at "Verifying Network" and doesn't complete connection. So, I have unique usernames, etc but each of the (3) at a location are hitting the router with the same IP.

Is this the problem? I'm sure the RV220W can handle 15 simultaneous connections, but can the router deal with (3) connections from the same external IP?

Is there an alternative? Lots of questions, I know, but I really need to roll out the rest of the locations asap...

Thanks for any assistance,

Michael

3 Replies 3

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Michael,

Router should be able to handle that many simultaneous connections, my only concern is the upload speed at that location you are trying to have all 3-4 clients connect from. Takes a minimum of 512k for ipsec to connect.

Other questions are, is it the same PC that is hanging at "verifying network", have you tried a different computer, have you tried different users?

Hope that helps,

Thanks,

Clayton Sill

Clayton,

locations are either dsl or 4g connections, and no, it doesn't matter which computer, or who, when or where. If there are 4 connections, the next will 'hang'; whether it's (2) at one location and (2) at another, or 3 and 1 or...the next one fails to connect. So, I figured it had to be on the router/vpn end but aside from setting up users and using quickvpn what more is there to that? Anyway, thanks for the thought.

michael

Michael,

Yea the only other thing I would think of that would cause the issue would be the upload speeds on site with the RV220w. Other than that it should work just fine. Have you tried other VPN connections like SSL VPN or PPTP just to test? Is the router on the latest firmware (1.0.4.17)?

That is all there is too it when it comes to setting up QVPN though. You just create the username/password and those are thet only steps you do in the router itself.

Wish I could provide you with more information but its pretty straight forward when it comes to setting up QVPN.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Clayton Sill