Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RC320 TO RV130 GW to GW

Hello,

we try to connect two locations (A and B) with rv130 and rv320 routers and site to site connection.

Subnet 192.xxx.xxx.0-> 192.xxx.xxx.1 (RV130) 10.xx.xx.2 -> 10.xx.xx.1 (Router Location A)

-> WAN ->

(Router Location B) 10.yy.yy.1 -> 10.yy.yy.2 (RV320) 192.yyy.yyy.1 -> Subnet 192.yyy.yyy.0

Both Routers on WAN side have static IPs.

I configured RV320 with remote IP = WAN IP of Location B, local group Subnet Location A and remote group Subnet location B

RV130 was configured local identifier WAN IP of Location A, remote identifier Gateway IP location B (10.yy.yy.2) and in ACL  Remote WAN IP of location B, remote group subnet of location B and local group subnet of location A

With this configuration i can connect from the rv130 to the rv320. Logs showing no errors or warnings. It ist not possible to connect from RV320 to RV130. Thats what i suggested.

Now the problem:

I can not ping to the differnt subnets, nor can i ping the gateway ip-adresses threw the tunnel. Trace rout just show the gateway and then nothing. 

I Hope for Help and Thanks in advance.

Rainer Ernst

5 Replies 5

naveeku6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Cisco support community centre.

As per you statement, you can able to establish the VPN tunnel between RV320 and RV130 and aslo able to reach from RV130 to RV320. But you could not able to reach the network connected to RV130 from RV320. Could you please confirm the firewall is disabled on clients connected to RV130?

If you need further help on the issue, Kindly contact Cisco online chat support on the below link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4841/online-chat-support

Hallo,

thanks for your response. All Firewalls are shut off for testing purposes. We made some more tests and found, that the subnetmask on RV130 causes the problem. The LAN-IP of the RV130 is p.e. xxx.xxx.1.1 with mask 255.255.128.0. Thats because we have to reach the subnet xxx.xxx.70.0 and made it availabel to the RV320. But that doesn't work. If i change the Lan IP of the RV130 to xxx.xxx.70.1, then i can reach the PC's through the tunnel. But thats no solution for practice because the RV130 is also the Gateway for the primary subnet and must have the ip xxx.xxx.1.1.

Any idea how to manage this?

Thanks für your reply.

Rainer Ernst

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Cisco support community centre.

As per your statement, you are configuring same network on both router. At that time you are able to reach the both the network. It can not be a solution. Please configure RV130 as per below instruction.

RV130 configuration.

VPN--->Site to Site VPN--->Advanced VPN setup--->VPN Policy table -->Add row

Local Traffic Selection

Local IP: Select subnet

IP Address: Subnet IP

Subnet Mask: Proper Subnet mask

Remote Traffic Selection

Remote IP: Select Subnet

IP Address: Subent IP

Subnet Mask: Proper subnet mask

If you need further help on the issue, Kindly contact Cisco online chat support on the below link.

Thanks for your response,

the solution doesn't work. As far as i see, the RV130 will only accept side to side VPN whenn the subnetmask ist 255.255.255.0 and the local security group is in the same subnet as the local LAN IP. If i configure the RV130 in that way everything works well. But i have to access a different subnet. Just adding a second policy takes no effect.

Any Idea?

Thanks for your reply

Rainer Ernst

Hi Rainer,

Thank you for your patience and time. Hence this issue needs remote technical support.Please reach out to SBSC team, and open a service request. Based on which one of our SBSC Engineer will assist you further on this issue

You can contact our SBSC team either via chat or call support with the help of below links:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-worldwide-contacts.html

Regards,

Naveen Kumar J