cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV-042G does not let WAP connected devices access the internet

glen.sasahara
Level 1
Level 1

I recently replaced our old Netgear router with the RV-042G.  We have 2 wireless access points (Asus RT-N66U) that were both working before the change that now do not.  I was able to ping various external sites from the access point web gui so I know that they are connected and working.  WAP connected devices are able to pull an IP address from the router DHCP.  Is there a setting on the RV-042G that I am missing?  

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

rubelope
Level 1
Level 1

Hello glen.sasahara,

Thanks for using the Cisco Small Business Support Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble accessing the internet from WAP connected devices, and I hope that we can help you find a solution.

The Asus RT-N66U device is a router, which by default, functions in "router mode".  Are you remembering to set the operation mode to "Access Point(AP) mode" on the Asus device?

Connecting two routers in series can cause routing problems, which may be the problem in your case if you didn't set the Asus device to "Access Point(AP) mode".

Please reply back with any additional information and we will do our best to help resolve your problem!

If this post solves your issue, please remember to mark your question as resolved, and rate any helpful posts to help other members in the community! Thanks! 

I hope you will find this answer useful.

Ruben